Sunday, August 30, 2009

Mitton, Walker, Blackhall, Brooksbank

From: LF O'Donnell
Sent: Friday, July 24, 2009 1:57 PM
Subject: Re: Question

One of the Mittons...descendants, moved to NJ and about seven years ago was killed in the line of duty (he was a cop)...I always think of them as from SH even though they did come from Holyoke and a few of them are buried in Forestdale. The South Hadley familes I am REALLY interested in that are connected to me are the Walker and Blackhall families.

David W. Walker (1878-1956) and Alice Roy Houston (1877-1950) were b in Scotland but settled in SH. Actually David's sister Jennie married Alice's brother Alex. But David and Alice raised their kids in SH while the others didn't that I am aware of.

The Blackhalls are connected to my Miles line. James Blackhall came from Scotland, served in the military during WWI. He married Agnes Brough in Holyoke, they had one daughter named Jean A. Blackhall and they lived in SH...There are reports that Agnes Brough Blackhall died and James married her sister, though that is all unverified...Another surname I keep an eye open for also found in SH is Brooksbank. One line in Holyoke is connected to...It interests me that so many Yorkshire, England folk ended up in Holyoke. Brooksbanks were here quite early and there were a lot of them...

No comments: