Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Class of 1935

Dear Cynthia:

Yes, thank you so much!

The Society would most appreciate receiving such material. We will handle it carefully, display it properly, and credit your mother-in-law accordingly.

I will send a copy of this email to our Acquisitions Committee Chairperson, Jo Wojnarowski. She or another member who she designates will be happy to meet with you at the museum or a place more convenient to you to receive the material.

These items will provide an excellent supplement to our ongoing oral history project, “South Hadley High School 1936-1956,” information about which you can see at our website.

Again, thank you for your generosity, and you can expect to hear from Jo or another Society member soon!

Sincerely,

Bob Judge
Member
South Hadley Historical Society

________________________________________
From: Cynthia Long
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 5:57 PM
To: bobjudge@comcast.net
Subject: Class of 1935 Items

Hi Bob. My name is Cynthia Long and I was emailing Judy Van Handle in December regarding items that belonged to my mother-in-law from the South Hadley Class of 1935. Judy gave me your email address and suggested I contact you to see if the Historical Society would be interested in them.

I have numerous 5x7 class pictures, the 1935 Yearbook, signed by all the students and some issues of the High School newspaper The Spotlight. We may also have other South Hadley memoribilia. We're still going through things.

If you're interested in seeing these items please send me back an e-mail and let me know.

Thanks.

Cynthia Long
----------------------------------------
Dear Sir/Madam,
I have about 20 individual class photos, mostly from 1935, although there may be one or two from 1934 or '37 or '38. They are framed in grey cardboard folders. The photographer was St. Germain from Holyoke. These were found in the bottom of a box together with some other items. If the South Hadley Historical Society is interested, I would be willing to mail them up to you.

Regards,

Helene Voto
Broad Brook, CT

No comments: